Our Mission“Middleton Environmental’s mission is to provide the most cost and time effective environmental reporting for our clients presented in a manner that is understandable and assists in managing present and future environmental risks.”
Don Middleton Jr.
President of Middleton Environmental, Inc.
Don has been President at Middleton Environmental since 1990 and serves as the head of the Environmental Site Assessment Program. This program has helped lenders, insurance companies, law firms, the FDIC RTC, municipalities, real estate investors and REITS and well as hundreds of private investors to avoid cleanup liability and litigation cost often associated with hazardous and non-hazardous waste contaminated properties.
Don has personally overseen the preparation of over 15,000 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment & Transaction Screen Process Reports on commercial, industrial and multi-family properties for lending institutions in the tri-state area and throughout the nation. Properties have ranged in size from 880 square feet to 2.35 million square feet in size.
As part of a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, site inspection of subject properties and surrounding properties is conducted. All pertinent regulatory agency databases are reviewed and all pertinent reviews of past and current subject and surrounding property usage is also conducted. If the site inspection and data review do not indicate any the presence of any recognized environmental conditions, the service is concluded.
If contamination is suspected, a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment will be warranted. Air, water and soil samples are collected, depending upon the concern identified in the Phase I Report. A report on the laboratory analyses and findings is then submitted. This Phase Two report includes mortgage or loan recommendations and clean-up costs (if encountered).
- Fordham University; College of Business Administration Bronx, NY
- Bachelors of Science, May 1988. Concentration in Finance.
- Completed undergraduate education in three years.
- Iona College, New Rochelle, New York September 1985 – May 1986.
- NYU School for Continuing Education. July, 1993. New York State Department of Health Asbestos
- Investigator & Management Planners Licenses in 1993.
- Institute for Asbestos Awareness. January 1989. New York State and New York City Asbestos
- Handlers Licenses. New York City Asbestos Supervisors License, May 1989.
John T. Danko
Project Manager at Middleton Environmental
John T. Danko has been Project Manager at Middleton Environmental since 2016. John has inspected over two hundred pieces of commercial, industrial and multi-family apartment buildings since 2013. John has examined buildings ranging in size from 5,000 square foot structures to over 400,000 square foot commercial buildings. John has completed various reports including Remedial Investigation Reports, Remedial Action Work Plans and Closure Reports. John has coordinated and supervised Phase II Site investigations including vapor intrusion studies, soil and groundwater sampling, tank removal, sub-slab depressurization testing and final reporting. John has also completed various reports and site work in compliance with NYC Office of Environmental Remediation’s E-Designation program.
- James Madison University, College of Integrated Science and Technology.
- Bachelor of Science – Environmental Issues and Management, Biotechnology, and Computer Based Programming/Instrumentation. September 2007 – May 2010.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, College of Environmental Science, ABET accredited Master of Environmental Science. May 2013
- 40 hr HAZWOPER
- 8 hr HAZWOPER Refresher: March 20, 2013 and March 15, 2014
- New York State Department of Health Asbestos Investigator License, 2016
Thomas R. Tompkins
Project Manager at Middleton Environmental
Thomas Robert Tompkins has been Project Manager at Middleton Environmental since 2018. Thomas has inspected over five hundred pieces of commercial, industrial and multi-family apartment buildings for many lending institutions since 2018. Prior to 2018, Thomas has worked on such notable projects such as the Brooklyn Bridge Rehabilitation, Goethals Bridge Replacement, and Willet’s Point Redevelopment, as an environmental scientist / environmental consultant. Duties included the generation of reports, data interpretation, hazardous waste management, presentation of data with project stakeholders, and implementation of controls in compliance with city, state, and federal regulations.
- SUNY College at Purchase, New York, 2002 – 2007 for B.S. in Biology
- Concentration in Microscopy and Analytical Techniques
- Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC)
- SSPC C-3 (Supervisor/Competent Person Training for De-leading of Industrial Structures)
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER and 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Certification
- OSHA 10 Hour Training for Construction Industry
- OSHA Confined Space Entry