SCOPE OF WORK
SCOPE OF WORK FOR AN ASTM E1528-06 TRANSACTION SCREEN PROCESS REPORT
- The objective of the Environmental Transaction Screen Process is to determine any potential environmental problems that may have an adverse effect on the Subject Property. Should no problems be encountered, a full Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Report will not be required.
- A site investigation of the subject property will be conducted. This includes an inspection of the structure and various rooms of any building for the purpose of locating suspected asbestos materials as well as possible hazardous wastes on the grounds of the site. The site investigation will attempt to locate buried storage tanks, transformers and drywells (if any), in order to determine if any related environmental problems may exist.
- A survey of the subject property and adjacent properties will be conducted to assess past and current land uses (including inspection of local department of assessment records, local building department records, historical aerial photographs and Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps if available).
- A review of the following environmental databases and publications will be conducted in order to ascertain whether any hazardous wastes, landfills, oil spills or any related problems exist at the Subject Property or in the vicinity of the Subject Property:
- USEPA “Comprehensive Environmental Response, Comprehension and Liability Information Systems” (CERCLIS) database, the USEPA RCRA TSD (Treatment, Storage or Disposal), database and National Priorities List (NPL or Federal Superfund). USEPA RCRA Hazardous Waste Generators Database.
- State Leaking Underground Storage Tank Database as well as the STATE Inactive Hazardous Waste Disposal Site List (State Superfund). STATE Hazardous Substance Waste Disposal Site Study (STATE CERCLIS equivalent). STATE Petroleum Bulk Storage Tank database and/or county equivalent.
- Pertinent County and/or other local ascertainable environmental regulatory records.
These databases and publications are examined in order to ascertain whether any hazardous wastes, landfills, oil spills or any related problems exist at the Subject Property or in the vicinity of the Subject Property.
- Conclusions and recommendations based upon the data collected.
- Submission of a Transaction Screen Process Report conforming to ASTM Standard E-1528-06.